Defining a conceptual approach and guiding principles for a stand-alone guidance for Market based Accounting for Scope 3 emissions, as well as addenda or adjustments to related concepts in existing guidance documents
- Aggregated supply assumption/ guidance on application of supply shed definitions
- Allocation/ causality/ ownership of impacts (and claims)
- Double counting rules and increasing overlap between markets & Scope 3
- Baseline setting guidance, including tested examples of integration of impacts in Emission Factors/ application of an ‘Emission Factor delta’ to an existing and the need for scoring or establishing a hierarchy of Emission Factors.
- Related: quality criteria for quantification methods being applied
- Related: defining time period for reporting and how to deal with fluctuations over time
- Related: treatment of removals
Approach and timeline
Accounting Labs are collaborative spaces where Value Change Initiative members come together to discuss and address key topics related to Market-based Accounting. Building on key insights, discussions and case studies shared by members or experts, Lab participants co-create new addendum or define innovating elements building on the Value Change Guidance.
They are structured to work towards outputs in 5 sessions, with feedback requested between sessions. Labs usually run every year over a period of 8 to 9 months
Labs are available to all VCI Members for an annual membership fee based on organizations’ revenue (see table below).
In addition to Labs, VCI members have access to VCI Platform – including all publications and outputs from previous and ongoing workstreams – as well as quarterly updates. Onboarding sessions are offered and include an in-depth presentation of Value Change Guidance documents and concepts.
|More than €100 million revenue||€6000||$6000|
|Less than €100 million revenue||€2400||$2400|
|Less than €10 million revenue||€1200||$1200|
|Less than €1 million revenue||€600||$600|
|Organizations located in LDCs||€100||$100|