Consider Value Change concepts and applications in line with (draft) WWF blueprint, Net Zero definitions, and GHG-P removals guidance to determine the principles and conditions that need to be in place to allow companies to assign different types of impacts achieved within and beyond their Scope 3 boundaries to different levels of claims (and targets)
- Recognition for beyond-boundary claims
- Common definitions, distinctions and conditions for between different types of claims (ie Net zero, climate neutral, climate positive)
- Determine how and when is it credible to report benefits against multiple elements and targets and when should double claiming be prohibited (see position paper double counting lab here)
- Quality expectation for quantification and reporting between use towards Scope 3 and use for neutralization claims
- Related: Treatment of removals
- Related: Treatment of product-level claims
Approach and Timeline
Claims Labs are collaborative spaces where Value Change Initiative members come together to discuss and address key topics related to Claims. Building on key insights, discussions and case studies shared by members or experts, Lab participants co-create new addendum or define innovating elements building on the Value Change Guidance.
They are structured to work towards outputs in 5 sessions, with feedback requested between sessions. Labs usually run every year over a period of 8 to 9 months
Labs are available to all VCI Members for an annual membership fee based on organizations’ revenue (see table below).
In addition to Labs, VCI members have access to VCI Platform – including all publications and outputs from previous and ongoing workstreams – as well as quarterly updates. Onboarding sessions are offered and include an in-depth presentation of Value Change Guidance documents and concepts.
|More than €100 million revenue||€5000||$6000|
|Less than €100 million revenue||€2000||$2400|
|Less than €10 million revenue||€1000||$1200|
|Less than €1 million revenue||€500||$600|
|Organizations located in LDCs||€100||$100|