This Systems Lab will focus on the systems required to capture more specific emissions factor, including impact tracking, allocation and co-innovation. The objective is to explore what systems need to exist or be created to achieve market-based approach and claims definitions and principles. Lab participants will deep dive into the requirements that systems must have to provide the right level of accuracy, transparency and reliability of data.
- Definition of impact unit and timing
- Supply shed (and sales shed)
- EF calculation concepts (allocation and substitution)
- Monitoring data (quality, uncertainty and system input requirements)
- Systems usability (addressing user problems)
- Trading and pricing (mapping and testing willingness to pay and relation carbon credits)
- Double counting (carbon registry check)
- Double claiming
- Within boundary impacts (within boundary removals, other narrative claims)
Approach and timeline
Systems Labs are collaborative spaces in which Value Change Initiative members come together to discuss and address challenges on topics related to Systems, such as accounting and boundary approach, accounting and MRV data quality or allocation and attribution supplier stratification. Building on key insights, discussions and case studies shared by members or experts, Lab participants look to co-create new addendum or define innovating elements building on the Value Change Guidance.
The Systems Lab is structured to work towards outputs in 5 sessions, with feedback requested between sessions, over a period of 6 months.
Labs are available to all VCI Members for an annual membership fee based on organizations’ revenue (see table below).
In addition to Labs, VCI members have access to the VCI Platform – including all publications and outputs from previous and ongoing workstreams – as well as quarterly updates. Onboarding sessions are offered and include an in-depth presentation of Value Change Guidance documents and concepts.
|More than €100 million revenue||€5000||$6000|
|Less than €100 million revenue||€2000||$2400|
|Less than €10 million revenue||€1000||$1200|
|Less than €1 million revenue||€500||$600|
|Organizations located in LDCs||€100||$100|