- This event has passed.
Achieving Net Zero Through Value Chain Mitigation Interventions
March 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Conscious of the role they can play in global decarbonization efforts, an increasing number of food and agricultural companies are setting science-based targets and making commitments to reduce their Scope 3 emissions. An inspiring momentum swiftly followed by the bigger question: how can we move from commitments to credibly accounting, reporting and claiming value chain emissions reductions and removals?
In 2022, 31 organisations joined the Value Change Initiative’s Food & Agriculture Working Group to learn from one another and collectively answer this question. The result of this year long co-creation process is an in-depth technical extension to the Value Change Intervention Guidance 1.1 which aims to pave the way for meaningful Scope 3 action by providing food and agricultural companies with operational, sector-specific solutions.
This webinar aims to present key results of this Working Group’s output and invite participants to share their experience and lessons learned.
Join us on March 22nd to:
– Explore solutions for food and agricultural companies to account for an Intervention, report impact up and down their value chains, and show progress towards their climate commitments or science-based targets.
– Learn from Working Group participants’ experience on the ground.
– Leave with key takeaways and tools to effectively accelerate progress towards Net-Zero value chains.
– Moderator: Francesca Palamidessi, Senior Manager VCI Secretariat, SustainCERT
– Silvana Paniagua, VCI deputy director of development, SustainCERT
– Pierre Bloch, Director – Scope 3 Climate Methodology, SustainCERT
– Matt Ramlow, Research Associate, Greenhouse Gas Protocol, World Resources Institute
– Steven Rosenzweig, Principle Scientist, General Mills